The nice thing is that this agent does not require a domain joined client.
- Enable Azure SSPR for your organization
- Your users should register for SSPR
- Enable TLS 1.2 on your Windows 7 client (it is already enabled in Windows 8)
- Go to registry key HKLM SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Protocols
- For the subkeys “Client” and “Server” create a D_Word key “Enabled” Set it to 1
- Download and install this KB3140245. If it is already installed it will tell you.
Install the agent
Download and Install the agent.
Reboot your workstation.
At logon screen, click “Forgot password”
Enter your UPN or Azure logon id e.g Jwest@contoso.com
Now this is what I like about this agent. You have multiple choices which authentication method you want to use. Click the drop down and select one
It will call your phone and then
Password is reset
You get an email notification that your password has been reset